Breakfast. The most painful meal for me to make each day. I much rather sleep an extra 10 minutes then wake up to make myself something to eat. A few posts ago I shared some of my favorite smoothie recipes with you which are a classic go to for me, but there are a few mornings when i’m craving something more. I got this breakfast sandwich idea off of Pinterest and added my own twist to it. What’s great about this is that you can make a week’s worth and keep them in the fridge and they are ready to go super quick.
- eggs or egg whites
- spinach (a handful washed)
- half a pepper diced (i used yellow)
- salt and pepper to taste
- spray muffin or cup cake tins with pam
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- fill with either a whole egg or egg whites (I prefer the egg whites)
- put in a piece of spinach and 3 to 4 small pieces of pepper, top with salt and pepper
- make sure the spinach is under the egg and does not float to top (I use a spoon to assist this process)
- bake in ovel 15 minutes
- Let cool and refrigerate
- in the morning toast an English muffin, warm the egg up for 1 min in the microwave, you can also add a slice of cheese to the egg as well
This is the perfect on the go breakfast and I hope you enjoy making this as much as I do!
Veggie Ash ❤